Published in 2017
- This was a longitudinal, observational study, conducted in Malawi, Nigeria and Pakistan, designed to determine:
• The prevalence of vision impairment and uncorrected refractive error among schoolchildren.
• Spectacle compliance at three months among school going children with significant refractive error.
• Identify barriers to spectacle compliance in school going children.
- The prevalence of vision impairment due to refractive error was highest in Nigeria followed by Pakistan then Malawi.
- Recommendations in policy, service delivery infrastructure including HMIS, human resources and advocacy are included in the report.
To download the study, click here: Spectacle compliance among school children in Malawi, Nigeria and Pakistan