- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the hypothesis that visual impairment and age can significantly impair driving performance for a sample of licensed drivers.
- This was a case control study which included 139 licensed drivers.
- Age and visual impairment had a detrimental effect on recognition tasks.
- Age and visual impairment also had a detrimental effect time to complete driving tasks.
- Age and visual impairment also had a detrimental effect manoeuvring ability, divided attention, and an overall driving performance index.
- Driving performance decreased with age and this was exacerbated when drivers had visual impairment.
Click on this link to access the full article: http://hfs.sagepub.com/content/44/3/482.short